Inspiration: Quitting My Day Job and Pursuing my Passions? I Can, Perhaps!


Follow your dreams

Since my grandfather's health deteriorated, i have not been feeling really great from within. I have always been stressed out financially and emotionally and juggling between three jobs, keeping up with grad school requirements, and having a rather dysfunctional family around have all been keeping me busy (and pressured!) more often than not. Right now, I am actually entertaining thoughts of leaving my day job and just focusing on the things I find more meaningful and important.

For more than two years, I have actually survived and thrived without a day job. I had my online writing gigs as my sole source of income and I was doing well in fact. I was able to focus on my master’s degree at the same time and I bet I was feeling less pressured then than I am right now.

My decisions whether or not to quit from work is like in a tug-of-war right now. I need to set priorities. I need to decide which is really which. While I enjoy the company of people here at work, what takes my energy is the pressure associated with running an academic library.

Add to this, I have my master’s degree thesis to finish. I hope I could do this before this summer ends. Perhaps, eventually, I could really decide what path to thread. I might as well leave the library and just teach part time? Or accept consultancies, maybe? With more time left at hand, I could only look forward to spending it building my blogs. I have long yearned to make them a successful enterprise. I would like to give a lease of life to my declining online business and if everything goes well with my blog, perhaps, it becomes self-sustaining enough to generate substantial income, I could cease writing for clients and simply focus on my blog. Hopefully, I could write an ebook… or ebooks perhaps, travel to places I want and enjoy a simple, bountiful and fulfilling life? Quitting my day job and pursuing the plans of my heart are just wishful thoughts for now. But I don’t lose hope that someday, these plans will all become true realizations. AMEN. 

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews