What I did today - August 27

I enjoyed spending the afternoon. I met several friends and really, really had a great time judging the cultural competition in one of the colleges here. After that, I dropped by my alma mater to check out my former students - my so-called "kids." Luckily, they were there.

We chatted, poked jokes with each other, and laugh a lot. Then we went to the mall, dropped by the bookstore, and really, really had good time with each other. Missing those kids a lot. Way back when I was their intern-teacher, they were as small as any kid could be. Now, they've really grown a lot of height! Some even stood higher than I!

But no matter how high or big they grow, they'd still remain those cute kids who used to stand by my campus paper office whenever they didn’t have class. They'd still remain in my mind as those naughty broods who I loved to tame sooo much.

Time's been changing a lot lately, though. Some of them are even experiencing heartaches and the pangs of adolescence, others are simply blending with the change of fads. But what keeps me delighted is the fact that all this time, they have never forgotten me. Each time I pay them a visit, they'd still have this childhood excitement of seeing me - like a five year-old who saw Santa Claus popped out from the chimney! I hope that in the coming years, they'd still remember me because I'll never ever forget them.

Please check out some of my favorite Debbie Macomber books here. Read them if you want:

1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove) Hannah's List 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove) This Matter Of Marriage

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews