Inspiration: I’m Doing OK

Everything is OK. Image: intralove.com
More than one month… Yes, it’s been so long since I’ve been here. I don’t feel good with the many misses I’ve had in blogging, but it’s just that the two months of absence have been turning points in my life… but yes, I’m alive and think I’m doing OK.

My grandfather died... and I'm OK

My grandfather, the man who has been my de facto father, the man who raised me, who cared for me since I was two, and the man who I have been caring for for so long has died. Yes. Died. Dead. He did not just pass away or went to heaven. He died. Some people don’t want to say it that blatantly, but I guess, part of moving on is to accept the reality. I have long expected for this to happen and, really, no matter how prepared you are for it, you still get to feel that emptiness, that sadness, that feeling inside that you can’t express. I did not cry. While my family sees it a source of strength, I did not find it good, though. In fact, after his interment, I’ve been sick and really struggled with that unexplainable feeling. But my prayers helped me. I’m OK now. Granpa, I believe, is also OK now. 

I’m working on my thesis

I just had my pre-oral defense last March 1, and while minor revisions were suggested, thank God my proposal was accepted. I’m now ready for data-gathering, which is where the real work, stress (I hope not!), and early-morning research kick in. I know I’m gonna make this through. I know I’m going to be terribly OK.

I’m busy at work

We all are and I am not exempted from it. My work as a library staff and instructor is eating up a lot of my time. The university where I’m working is gearing up for accreditation and because I’m in charge of the library, I have a lot of tasks to accomplish. This is kinda a baptism of fire for me. A test of my ability. This is my first-time to face accreditation and I don’t know if I can do this excellently, but I’m crossing my fingers and hope that I’ll be OK.

I’m trying to keep my online business going

Since I accepted my day jobs at school, my online business has suffered and I admit my income has really plummeted since then. I’m actually struggling financially and struggling to keep it alive. I’ve been really intending to keep things on the balance, but I can’t and since late last year, my online revenue dropped exponentially. Yes, it’s not good, but what can I do? I only have one body and I usually feel tired at the end of the day, which does not leave me with enough time or energy to devote for my online business. I hope to find ways for this and I really hope I could turn things around, perhaps give my business enough room for at least minimal growth this year. I can only hope for the better.

I’m still figuring out what to do with the rest of my life

Here we go again… but thoughts of going abroad has been lurking my mind. But there also comes a time when I get back to my sane state and I’ll realize I’d want to stay after all. But I haven’t really decided 100 percent. And, so, I’ll just keep on doing what I have to do. Do something productive for my online business. Write my thesis and finish my master’s degree. Do something innovative in the library and in my class. I’ve got these endeavors to fill up my time. And at the end of the day, I’ll still feel OK. 

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews