Christmas in Roxas City, circa 2020

 Happy New Year! Christmas season for 2020 is over  but for posterity's sake, I'm sharing with everyone these shots I took after I attended the Christmas Day mass at the Cathedral. We only have simple decorations and lights at the plaza this year, but the "parols" (Christmas lantern) that were hung in front of the City Hall meant the unified spirit of the community to create these beautiful outdoor lights using indigenous and recycled materials.  

A parol making competition was part of the the Sinadya festival 2020. They make perfect backdrop for nighttime picturing taking, but I think they also leave one feeling a little better upon looking at their glitter and shimmer on air. 

The interactive light display also brings the city center to a full life when dusk settles and nighttime comes. Launched during the Sinadya 2019, the opening of the interactive lighta draw a huge crowd from all over the province and I remember a burst of colors also painted the sky that night. 

 I like how the dancing and changing of colors imbibe the spirit of cheers for everyone who indulge in the crisp December wind.

While COVID-19 continues to linger and pose danger, may 2021 bring us the hope redemption for a safe and healthier community.

Meanwhile, enjoy the pictures! 










No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews