There's Joy in Sorrow


There's joy in sorrow
In the many trials that have come my way, I have found it spiritually uplifting, emotionally enlightening and physically strengthening to rest my case in God’s hands. Through all the hardships that I have been through, I have stayed positive in my thoughts and belief. It’s not because I hate to be dampened by the series of misfortunes that life’s circumstances may bring. But because I find it a must to stay in the light and away from the dark. 

Trials are life’s way of saying, “Hey, you’re still alive so go on and keep kicking.” I find it amusing that one has to look for food when he’s stomach starts grumbling; that a lazy student will have to study the last minute before the exams; than an employee will have to get up from his slumber a few minutes before his work commences. Trials are there. They happen all the time. But it’s up to us how to deal with them. A lot of people see trials as God’s punishment; a blessed few see them as opportunity to make life even better. It is on the latter where I thrive in. I see trials not as hurdles to dishearten me. I see trials as stepping stones that will me to somewhere else, perhaps, better than where I used to be. I see trials not as bruising wounds that inflict pain. I see them as the heat that polishes the diamond in me. We don’t grow for the better by staying in our comfort zones. Our mindsets and beliefs change when we go through something harsh and extraordinary, enough to wash away our old self and renew us to become the better us.
But what keeps us sane and optimistic through all these hardships in life? It’s in our belief that God is there all the time. Optimism alone is not enough. Optimism could corrode right after the first wave of sorrow strikes us. But if we have that utmost faith in Him, we have that shield that will protect us, knowing we can make it through the storm and arrive safe and sound to our destination. And that feels good.

So, let there be hope in misery; joy in pain; courage in fear; faith in uncertainty; and most certainly love amidst hatred. Amen. Image: DeeDee Mann (Pinterest)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like your blog and have one with similar information. If you have time check it out.
Home Based Opportunities

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews