A Little Act of Kindness

My client overpaid me $250 and I was tempted not to return the money. But i wasn't raised up that way. I may be born with no silver spoon on my face  but I grew up with the value of honesty and integrity intact, having been raised up by grandparents whose faith in God is as strong as their love for each other.

Knowing the payment wasn't due me, I immediately contacted my employer and told her she overpaid me. She was surprised to learn that because she didn't remember sending me extra $250. But I told her anyway and offered to send a refund in a few minutes. She was very very happy to have learned that and thanked me for that act of kindness.

No matter how financial stranggled I am at the moment, it didn't stop from doing what it right. Similarly, no matter how compromised with are with life, let us not stop it from doing kindness to others. Let us continue to live a life that will benefit others, one that will bring honor to God's name, as what 1 Corinthians 13:6 tells us, "Love does not delight with evil but rejoice with the truth."

If you want to get inspired more, I highly recommend that you read these books.

Radical Honesty: How to Transform Your Life by Telling the Truth   Integrity Integrity: The Courage to Face the Demands of Reali

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews