Sunday Thoughts | Still, it's a good life

February 12, 2023 - Yesterday, I was able to travel outside Panay Island to join a learning visit in Bacolod.  This is the first time since 2019 that I left my home-island (Boracay, which I have visited thrice since the onset of the pandemic, is, after all, part of Aklan, which is part of Panay Island). While crossing the open sea, thoughts of my former, pre-pandemic life came back to my memory.

I was a serial traveler back then. Almost every weekend I would leave home to climb a mountain, cross a river or a sea, or simply be a stranger is a strange place. A trip usually took me 3-4 hours, not less than that. I once went on a 12-hour bus ride and a 24-hour plane trip (layover included), physically exhausting, but spiritually nourishng.

Yesterday, As the vessel traversed the Guimaras Strait, the cerulean water reflected some thoughts about yesteryears... Suddenly, it is travel time and I felt once more the giddy sense of arriving to a new place for the first time. What excitement lies ahead every time I find my way, never mind if I get lost, I know I'll always find my way. 

But times have changed. The pandemic completely turned me into a semi-anti-social. I became more concerned about my father's alcoholic tendencies (but I made up my mind that I will arrangements comes the time when i have to travel for days... Again). My workload has gone more... Well... Loaded. 

I know deep in my heart that I will take the roads less traveled again. But as I stay put in one place for now, i always remind myself that where I am is where I am meant to be. Still, it's a good life.

***

Sunday Thoughts is my weekend series where I write about my thoughts for the week that was and what transpired in life. Read more about my Sunday Thoughts via #ChristiansSundayThoughts or visit my blog http://ChristianGeorgeAcevedo.blogspot.com for more stories.

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews