There's a reason for being, a purpose for living


How many times have you awaken up from the depths of your sleep simply because you have to? Every morning I would try as my might would permit to get up at 4 or 5, but there would be times when crazy thoughts come into my mind and I would ask myself should ever I?

Why?

Because there’s a reason. I have to… for so many reasons.

I do it for a purpose.. and that’s for my family and all those who need me. Living with and taking care two elderly grandparents, running a small business and working at a library, I have to be as early as a bird to do all that is expected of me.

While a lot of people my age (I’m just 24) fill their hearts out on late night partying, club-hopping, drinking or making the most that our young age and still-vibrant health have to offer, I have to suffice myself on the fact that I am thrusted upon this obligation ever since I was college.


For someone like me who hasn’t depended on anyone right at an early age, hard work and determination is all I have to make it through. And you know what, despite all the headaches and eye bags and stress, it feels better when you’re the one supporting rather than be the one who depends on the mercy and charity of others (although I cannot be thankful enough to the people who helped me along life’s journey). It gives me that drive to stay up late at night (albeit with a cup of warm coffee or choco by my side)to make it through a deadline (just like now)and still wake up early in the morning to start another, beautiful day.

Thomas Kempis wrote: “A life without a purpose is a languid, drifting thing; every day, we ought to review on purpose, saying to ourselves, ‘This day, let me make it right!’”

So, why do I wake up? What gives me to reason to get up and move on? It’s because I have a purpose. It’s because I still have a lot of lives to touch and missions to accomplish. I wake up and always strive for the best because I have a life of my own to live. 

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews