Auntie's Idol

Dawn Zulueta was my Auntie's favorite actress

Auntie Judith, may her soul rest in peace, had a great fascination with Dawn Zulueta when she was still alive. That was in the early 90s. 



I vaguely recall one weekend afternoon. It was cloudy yet quite humid, and she, my cousins and I, and a neighbor, were sitting on the balcony talking about knickknacks and gossips when the topic came to who’s star was ones favorite. She aptly replied, “Si Dawn akon ya” (Dawn is my favorite). 

That was the time when Dawn was the country’s top female actress, when her melodramatic films, Iisa Pa Lamang (1990), Hihintayin Kita sa Langit (1991; original, movie version of Walang Hanggan), Kung Mawawala Ka Pa (1993) and Saan Ka Man Naroroon (1993), were instant hit. My aunt has long joined Father God. She died in 1995. But each time I see Dawn, she reminds me of my aunt. That is why I am an avid fan of Dawn because I know, Auntie would do the same, had she been alive now.

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews