Frankly speaking… writing actually… from the heart

I never feel lonely, for He is with me, and I in Him.

There are people who are fund of claiming that my social life is dead. That I'm weird because I don't go for a night out. That I am aloof because I don't deal with people that much. It's a compliment having you all say those things to me.



My Group Dynamics professor, herself a human behavior expert, claims that in my age, it's unique that I am not interested on things that most people my age do--late night outs, partying, etc. She deduced that maybe, when I was a child, or even during my teen years, I have achieved a level of satisfaction in life. Yes, I have achieved a considerable amount of satisfaction in life.

I don't yearn for too much material things. Most of the clothes and shore I'm wearing are hand-me downs, gifts from friends and family, or shopped at the flea market. I love doing things most people my age don't show enthusiasm in doing--gardening, building a nest-age, studying, stuffs like that.

Yes, I pull the weeds and till the soil.

Yes, I work hard and I work with passion.

Yes, I'm a workaholic.

Yes, I am a busy-buddy, as much as I am a home-buddy.

Yes, I border eccentricity or even weirdness at some point.

And yes, I pray a lot and I go to church a lot.

Yes, I read the Bible every other day, if not every day.

Yes, I pray the rosary.

Yes, I care for two elder couple.

Yes, I collect stuffs, even those you would consider trash.

Yes, I love to take long walks, or spend hours reading a good book.

Yes, I am frank--even to the point of being suplado. I don't dress myself or coif my hair quite well. But at the end of the day, I can sleep soundly knowing I did--and do--things right and I'll wake up early with the optimism that no detractors could ever put down.

At the end of the day, I can count all the blessings.

At the end of the day, I can rest on the fact that I have done something worthwhile, something great, something productive, even if those things seem so little in the eyes of many. But in the eyes of my Father, in the eyes of my family, in the eyes of those matter most to me, they are things well done, more than being well said.

And that, dear readers, is far from beating around the bush.

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews