Trimming My Plants... and Myself

Gardening has its way of renewing the spirit
After many months from being out of touch from, or more aptly not touching my plants, I started to reconnect with my green pets this afternoon. And it seems they really need me now more than ever. I have noticed my two surviving pots of roses are not as rosy as they used to be. My painted nettles have overgrown and everything else is messy…


My garden turned out a messy space of overgrown grasses.
The price of staying hooked to my work for months… 

What used to be colorful beds of purslane ended up as little field of weeds. The bougainvilleas turned out a disappointing ramble. The orchids and hanging plants, in near waste.

So, off I started my quest to reclaim my once glorious, albeit small, luscious space of ornamental greenery.

After going to church to reflect and rest my mind, I decided to start pruning the roses and I am pretty concerned because aphids have started infesting them. I immediately cut the dead stems and verminous parts. Then I turned to my painted nettles and bougainvilleas, trimming and cutting them until I felt contented.
So, off I pruned my plants.

Tomorrow, I will plant the cuts and start pulling weeds….

I have learned one lesson from this… 

That shearing a plant is like all the bad emotions and attitude that we let cluttered in our lives. Those dead, old and infested barks are like the unpleasant memories we need to let go. We can’t have any room for good and beautiful things to grow unless we take them off from my system….

So, while I was trimming, I felt a surge of relief coming in my system…. 

Something fresh, something relaxing, something relieving. It’s like a promise of something better is coming, something to anticipate like new buds to bloom comes the time when my roses gets itself back to good health.  

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews