Last Man Standing... and Typing

Just like when I was in high school... almost. 

Perhaps, I was one of the last few people who were able to make it through high school without "Google-ing" everything. When I had spare time, I'd spend it at the Library. While others were doing nothing but talking and laughing at the corridors, I was devouring history books, Britannica, Americana, Comptons, and the like. 



When I was in third year, when a teacher wanted us to research about something, I know what book to check out, what magazine to refer to. When I was in fourth year, way until I finished college, I was a devoted student library assistant. Everything I have, part of it, I owe to the Library and to the people who nurtured my love for reading, my love for books, and my love for the library. That being said, I think a library comes first to my heart than Google or Wikipedia.

Honestly, without bragging, I thank the absence of computers when I was in high school because I can proudly say that I can encode on a type writer as fast as I could with a keyboard! It was a fantastic experience that I always cherish--minus the white-out moments, of course.

No comments:

Check out my most-read posts

Total Pageviews